Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ex asking for kid's marks

Hi Becky,

He still pays me child support because the children are going to school full time so are dependent on me. Ex doesn't pay their tuition/text books...because I didn't want to take him to court to change the court order.

It is a control issue for him I think. The children were on his time for about 50% all through elementary and high school but he didn't treat them well....so they refused to go see him now. (By not treating them well...I meant violence in the house....but I don't want to talk about that)

The only info would be to force me to send him their marks...oh well...I'll keep quiet and wait ....I guess I still feel bitter that he would use the court system to hurt us...but with people's help, we managed to get through it all......

I'm caught in the middle and yes, he did try parental alienation in the court...but the truth is....his temper drove them away and he hasn't changed despite all those years......thanks for hearing me out.

By the way...the kids turned out great!...happy most of the times...have friends...enjoy school...so I'll try to post here with some of my feedback. I've been there and done it....

It's been a long time...but I guess when I got his email, it just brings back the bad times...

I think it is just like you said, a control thing, If he takes you to court take copies of your kids marks and just give it to him, but let him take the first step. I am trying to ignore the flea(ex) as much as I can but his controlling ways won't make him understand he has a new life. Anyway keep us posted and let us know how you are doing.

Im thinking that if the uni emails their grades directly to the students then is there a confidentiality issue? Do your children have to tell you their grades?
Let us know how it pans out.

Thanks all!

I do not have to give him the marks...Lawyer said the children are adults.

Dee