Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need advice what to ask for on mediation

I am new to your forum. I would like an advice what are the important things I should ask for on mediation time?? My kids are grown. We just refinance our house. My husband is retired. I do not know our finance because he controls it.

Re: Need advice what to ask for on mediation

Ask for copies of everything before you do anything. You should at least know what you are entitled to before you go. Do you have a lawyer? He or she can get all the documents for you before you go into mediation.

Yes, Lisa is right...get everything. Get what you have copies or slips for and what he has....

- All Credit card statements

-What you pay on all the monthly bills: phone, cable, gas, etc...any and every bill

- papers from every bank you deal with: all savings and checking etc. He has to disclose all of this.

-Lists of any investments, or retirement funds etc

-find out about his or your health coverage

-make a list of all your assets: home, land, personal and shared properties, cars, furniture, etc

Like Lisa said...know before you even begin mediation.

Knowledge is half the battle in dealing with divorce. Ask questions, look up things, read whatever you can.....

PS: Don't be shocked if you find he is hiding things on you..my ex was good for that one.

Susan

Also do your homework so you know what it will cost you to live each month...