Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lesson - don't discuss anything in the parking lot!

There was a period of time when my stbx would constantly catch me and lecture me. It'd be at the boys' football games, when he picked the kids up, at the kids' birthday parties. It was always when we were in public or in front of our children. They couldn't hear what he was saying, but they CAN read body language. One day, while he was standing in MY home after he brought the kids back, he started in. I went up to him, nose to nose, and said, "If you have a problem with how this is going, speak to your attorney. I am doing the best I can, and of course it's not good enough for you-nothing I do has ever been good enough for you. We will NOT have this conversation again. BACK OFF and leave me alone or I will be speaking with MY attorney about your harrassment!" He has never done that again. Any conversations he starts that I don't want to engage in, I don't. I get on my phone, walk away, get in the vehicle and leave, talk to someone else nearby. I just don't have those conversations. Good luck.

Re: Lesson - don't discuss anything in the parking lot!

Great advice. He can't argue by himself!