Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kids' sports are stressful

For me the most stressful part of this whole process is the kids' activities-which are many! We are both at these, and when one of the kids is competing that leaves the other. They want us to be by each other so they don't have to choose who to sit with. Most of the time I just ignore him and it's not so bad. At other times we are forced to communicate to help one of the kids with whatever. Last night my youngest had a wrestling tournament. Of course this would be Jerk's arena, even though he has only taken him to one practice all season-and only becuase I HAD to work! Whatever. Anyway, that arrogance, the lack of respect, the selfish manner, make me furious. I am going to have to find ways to better cope with these moments. I went to the bathroom and was shocked to see the expression on my face. My lips were pursed and my eyes were on fire. Not the image I want to portray to others of my character.

Re: Kids' sports are stressful

I did football with the flea, I saw him more in those days then I had seen him in the 20yrs we were together. I hated it. I befriended my son's coaches, and some of the parents. The flea did not like this. I could tell on his face and on the way he would yell and my son. Now we are doing baseball and of course he got smarted because he is helping the coach this time. I know I will get to know the parents and ignore him but for now he has the upper hand or he thinks he does. Another thing I did was talk to my son and let him I could not sit with the flea for stress reasons, my daughter who is older would just go and sit with him sometimes or sometimes sit with me. All three of talked and came to that arrangement. Maybe you should talk to your kids and let them now. Good luck.

It will be like that until the kids are grown and out of sports....at least, it was for me. I would go but not stand near ex and always said a little prayer before I go. I tried not to look in his direction too....sometimes if it was too much, I would stand far away but my child would know I was there.

The important thing...is that you go. Your children will remember Mom being there for their games.
Dee

The irritating thing is that Jerk goes more to LOOK like a "good" daddy than anything else. Grrrr!

The flea does too. when he was with us, he was not involve at all with the sports but now he thinks he need to be there all time. He seems to think he is father of the year. I make the point to cheer the loudest when I am there so my son can know I was there. Try it, it irritates the heck out of them..

I believe my meer presence irritates the heck out of him.

LOLS Becky.

Then you know what to do.....always turn up. But you gotta change the face Becky, even before I did my Lara croft my lippy was in place.

If it kills you, you have got to look your best. Cos itll kill them more.