Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cancer = Evil!

I think Abbey has a great point. I say step up. You have to sleep with the decisions you make. You are already feeling rejected, so really, what do you have to lose? Nothing. But you might GAIN something. Let us know how it goes.

My MIL was in hospital and no one told me. stbx even visited her, never told me or kids. I found out when I was visiting SIL, when she was already back home. I was obviously hurt and I asked her to please call me (she said she assumed stbx would tell me, I said no, he doesn't even speak to me). So next time she did and I went to visit. They just assumed I would be told. So remember they are under stress too and figure if they tell a few people word will get to you. But I asked them to please call me directly, that I do care and I do want to know and help in anyway if I can. So as the others said, you can step up and say something. Let them know you care and ask them to please let you know directly, I am sure they will.

By a lovely and wonderful chance, I am talking with my SIL right now! =) I took Abbey's advice, and also remembered that everyone is super-stressed out right now (from speaking with WK this morning - very early - I understand that the Beast has NOT helped at all, surprise surprise), and it is NOT a reflection on me, and I am NOT being rejected! Happiness!

Where's the LIKE button?

FABULOUS!!!!!!

We just need to remember that others are also not sure how to proceed.

keep those dear to you, close to you.

Im soooooo happy for you Deirdre.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

There is also a "gotcha" happy ending here -- WK and the Beast were right there when s-i-l and I were talking, and s-i-l texted me the following when she popped out to visit the loo: 'You should have seen the look on (Beast)'s face when she realised who I was talking to! she was mad enough to spit nails! LOL! (WK) just thought it was great that you & I were talking!'

So there was a cherry on top too!!!

Great stuff!