Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: duped

You WILL make it through this. I know you feel like you won't, but you will. My husband told me he was filing for divorce on Jan 31, 2011 and moved out on Feb 16, 2011. My world fell completely apart, but moment, by moment I just keep movin forward. My divorce will be final on March 23. I am starting to realize that divorce is an event that happened in my life, but it is not my life.

I never thought anyone could live through this type of pain, but we do and in time we not only live, but we soar into the awesome lives GOD has planned for us.

I understand. Its like the man you loved died. Mine was cheating and got married right after.

I was married for 13 years & I thought happily, unbeknownst to me my husbad had been cheating on me for over a year. I was devastated. I Completely emotionally & physically felt like I absoulutely was never going to be OK. It has been 15 months & I am soon to be divorced. I am OK. Some days I actually feel great & know my marriage wasn't meant to be. If it was, it wouldn't have ended in such a deceitful way. Have faith & take comfort in knowing that I was you. Time does heal, even though time feels excruciatingly slow. In the meantime take things one moment doing anything & everything you can to nurture yourself.

All the ladies are correct.

It can feel as if you will NEVER get over the hurt and have a day when that burning pain is inside you.

Somedays you will wish you didnt have to wake up.

In those moments you need to remember that millions of people have suffered exactly what you are feeling (it seems like a lonely place but in reality millions of people can tell you they know just how it feels).
Then you need to try and remember that those millions will all tell you that though they couldnt see an end to it, there was.
There is always an end, I promise that. Down the line it just gets more manageable, then it gets easier, then we begin to laugh again and slowly we become the person we always have been.

Dont expect too much of yourself right now, theres no time limit and theres no right or wrong answers in dealing with it. You have the right to feel like the worlds ended, because you had a plan in your head and now its changed. Change at first is really scary.

Allow yourself to feel everything that you do. Your feelings are valid and they are valid for as long as you feel them, even if it is 'too long' for others. You will heal, you will hit certain mile posts but you will do it in your time.
We can relate to how you feel because all of us on here have been there at some point, we are all at different healing stages now but yes we really do understand. And we all know that how you feel now will not last an eternity. Take comfort in the small things.
We are here to listen to you, or just send some good vibes your way when it all gets a bit much.

We all know you will be strong again and the pain will not rule your life forever, for now just have some blind faith in a group of women who have been where you are. Its going to be ok.

I understand how you feel as i experienced same. I was too desperate till one day i realized i don't want to feel like that anymore. i decided to be strong and get over it. I started making myself busy. I rearranged my flat, found new work, started enjoying beeing alone. did some things i didn't have time before. I started going to gym and taking more care about myself. I started feeling much better and soon met my present partner. It was hard but i managed.
It is only depend on you how long it will take till you get over it. Or you can sit and cry and wait or you can do something. I suggest you do something.
Naked Divorce

Get mad. Fight back. Think of yourself. And years from now when bad things happen you will laugh your way through it because you have already survived the worst, nothing else will seem as devastating. Prayers and hugs for you.

It is hard. The hardest thing I have ever had to go through. My husband told me a few days after xmas he wanted a divorce and it was out of left field. Sure we fought on occasion but none of the reasons he gave me were a reason for divorce. Every day is better then the next but its still hard. You will have days where all you do is cry but then others where u know your a stong woman and could so much better.