Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: THINGS YOU WOULD NEVER HAVE IMAGINED COULD HAPPEN TO YOU

You can't paint all people in an occupation with the same brush. Yes there are some very unethical lawyers but there are also some unethical doctors, accountants and on and on. Hiring a lawyer requires alot of investigation on your part. Seek referals from friends or family who have been happy with their attorneys. At the end of the day it is the judge who welds the power in these matters. I realize this is such a emotional issue with us all. Many times we pay them with money we don't have! They go to school a very long time and many times owe as much as 300,000 to 400,000 in student loans. The going rate for my area is $450.00 per hr. The clock starts the minute you have communication with them. So be organized list your questions and don't use them as a therapist.( a therapist is actually alot less money) Oh by the way my daughter is a lawyer. She just left a position high paying, close to home, worked around her children ( one who is autistic) because she was asked to over look things which violated her ethics. So believe it or not there are some good ones out there. I know this is the hardest thing you have ever been through in your life. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I guess anger is better than tears any day. May you find peace and happiness in your future.