Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: See through the pain to the light

Awesome post Kathleen! You have great insight to what we all need to do to protect ourselves. I still have a foot in the hoping phase but it doesn't look good and sadly I know it. I despise the OW which is one reason why I intend to make my husband pay. I will not be kind in that regard probably because I know that it will bother him very much to live on so much less. It will make him think twice if not many times about the cost of leaving me and if she is really worth it. Why should she benefit now when I was the one who hung in there during the financially lean and scary times? But I am resourceful and plan to sell on ebay and elsewhere and would also like to make stuff to sell at art shows which can be lucrative I've heard. I think, hope and pray that I and my son will be ok, but it is beyond scary to start over. I also think my H has forgotten how much of a go getter I used to be before our son was born so that is something I can't wait to show him again. He will see that I don't need him as much as he thinks I do. So while I do want him back, I will instead take his money and prove that I don't need him. I will show him even when I am dying inside that the needy desperate one is the OW, not me. I will be the one having a great life in a beautiful scenic area while he sits in a crummy apartment with her in the big city he hates because she wants to live there. The only thing they have in common is their sick minds which is what I found out that people who are in affairs are-SICK.

You know, it's funny how I can be so tough about my situation one minute and so vulnerable the next. Talk about extremes!

Big Hugs to you Kathleen and the wonderful ladies on this site!

Lonelyone,
What an inspirational post! I understand about extremes! It's great to blog, because during the times when you are down in a hole, you can re-read posts you wrote when feeling strong and gather courage to get back to the light again!

The angry stage...I like it! It brings a lot of strength with it.

I needed this today. I am about to go pick up my soon to be ex so we can pay bills, separate our bank accounts and all that fun stuff and I was wondering how I was going to get through spending so much time with him without being angry or crying. Your words gave me strength. Thank you.