Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What does it mean when paper are sent back to lawyer not signed

Was there a note attached?
I got my divorce papers back unsigned..my ex refused to sign. Then he decided he wanted the divorce send papers and I send them back unsigned. He wanted me to have NOTHING and I refused. My attorney sent them back unsigned with a note saying "These divorce papers are an insult to my client. If Mr. _______ wants to send something she can live with then she will be more than willing to sign. Until then we will wait for a Master to handle the divorce."
See when I originally send him divorce paper I didn't want anything but he waited almost 2 years and now I am eyeballs in debt to my attorney and have changed my mind. HE put me through a lot and gets away with it so I'm going after him where it hurts..his wallet.
Call your attorney see if there is something he does not agree with or if he is just not willing to sign.
This can go on for a long time depending on your states "waiting period" So far for me and my ex...we are on our third round of "note passing"

No he did not send a note or anything he just sent all the paper back when he is to be and court and everything nothing signed just trying to fig out what is going to happen on the 6th when we have court for are child he did not show up for the first one so they set another one and that is when my lawyer said he sent everything that we have sent back to him un signed.

I can relate to the panic and telling myself it will all work out. Sometimes I can believe myself easier that other days. It helps to know someone else can relate and I am not going crazy. I would never wish this on anyone not even my worst enemy.

I wish it on the jerk that brought it to me...