Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Is this right???

Why is there a sin being created? Is your marriage over or are you still together.

All though a piece of paper might have you married and not married by the law. By what ever high power you may believe in, religion you practice, if one of you already stopped loving the the other and has moved on than why are you creating a sin?

I was commented to my ex before we signed the marriage lisence. The divorce papers have not been signed yet, but I knew we were done when he left and he stopped loving me.

I know for me as time passes I feel better and better. I want to move forward, be happy, with or without a man in my life. I would like to think I deserve to find someone because that is what I want and at that time I will do what I feel is right for me.

You need to do what is right for you. Think about what you want and what you can handle right now.

My therapist has told me people come into our lives for a reason. We may not know why at the time but, maybe this man has come into your life to show you how special you are. He may not be your soul mate but someone you need right now at this point in your life. So, don't beat yourself up and just take it slow and enjoy the now. I am happy for you. I hope someday to be able to meet someone to enjoy time with.

Gerbillina,
It sounds like you are being hard on yourself. I believe in doing whatever it takes to guide your healing. If it feels right go for it-you deserve it! If you feel like you are not ready for a relationship then perhaps you can take things slowly & start off as friends. The best approach is to be open & honest. If he respects you,then he will agree to take things slowly. I welcome the day someone delights in my companionship.
Lisa, I also am not divorced yet but consider myself divorced. At this point it is just a formality. You are not unethical or a sinner. You deserve happiness & a special friend to lean on.

I am so glad to hear that someone is finding happiness. We all deserve it and your story gives me hope that I will have brighter days ahead.

There you go God takes something away but replaces it with something better. Don't worry about sin. I believe God brought this man to you to ease your suffering. He is certainly interested in you to travel so far. Enjoy this time. Stranger things have happened. Even if this new relationship isn't for the long haul(it may very well be though)it well help you heal. Forget the ex he owes you this happiness. Don't go back to him and that pain he has caused you. I'll pray for your happiness. Now God where is the rest of ours?

Kathleen,
our time will come as it has for some of the other deserving women on this site. I have to believe that B/c it restores my spirit during difficult times. It will come when it is right. & "I hope it is soon." I think my golden retriever is getting sick of me harassing him to get up on the bed to snuggle with me at night. However, he is more loyal & cuter then my husband!!

Most nights I spend some time in my recliner with the cat on one side and the dog on the other. It really is comforting...

I can't imagine going through this without them.