Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Alcohol Assessment

What do they do?

In my case Jerk was not around to help raise the children. I have pretty much been a single parent since day 1. So it's not really that he wants to spend that much time with the kids, he wants to be their friend when it is convenient for him. (Notice I didn't say parent, I said friend.) He will visit with the kids about things before checking with me, putting me in a horrible position. I have trained my kids to say, "You need to check with Mom first." This lets them off the hook as well. When they don't want to go with him or want to do something else he will give them the guilt treatment, which breaks my heart. He is trying to control where I live by throwing our kids into this, saying changing schools will not be good for them. The activities that the kids and I have always done together he is worming his way into, or talking the kids out of...stuff like that. In any way he thinks he can continue to control my life he will.

Oh I will!!!!Thank You?

I know i'm just afraid i'll get some yahoo and fail. He's always had me under his control and im sick of it. I just want to know what they do to you at these things/

Wow it is incredible to read how the EX has so much control over us. The flea now knows he can't control me, so he is trying to do it my son. I have told my son, when he doesn't want to answer any questions from the flea to just say "I don't know" and hope the flea backs down. Why if they leave, why can't they leave us alone.