Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dogs

I am leaving my husband in about 3 weeks. He has no clue I am filing for divorce. I have been slowly cleaning out the house - spring cleaning as I call it. I have not touched his stuff. I am only cleaning out all the stuff I purchased before we were married. I am also selling off my furniture slowly so I do not have to store it. This furniture was purchased prior to the marriage. However, the dogs. One dog was mine before me and my husband met. The second dog was a gift from him to me. However, the dog is attached to me and she is like my child. I am taking them both with me when I leave. Does he have the right to take her back since she was a gift from him to me before marriage? And also, do you all feel that what I am doing is sneaky? I am trying to take my life back and be happy. He has a terrible temper, doesnt communicate and he thinks the world revolves only around him. Help! I feel like I am losing it even though I have a huge support system.

Re: Dogs

You know what? I say go for it. My husband was a sneaky thing. And I know he will do anything to hurt me. If I was the one who left, now that I have been thinking about it, I would have gone behind his back. Where I am not a cruel unfair peson, he is. And he would have done basically what he did to me if the table was turned. I say do what you feel is right for you. If you feel more secure going behind his back, then I would do it. I never thought my husband could be s mean and heartless as what he has turned into. Unfortunately, we have to look ou for ourselves. I think you are doing just what you need to do. You dont want to risk the chance getting bured if you truly dont want him anymore.

Thank you, thank you. I am miserable with him. I saw an attorney a few weeks ago and if I leave, he gets it all, due to my state - even the dogs. She said sell what you can and take what you want. So, I am doing this. I've been with this man 6 years and married about a year and a half and he got worse since marriage. I am in my 30s and I cant continue living this miserable life. All I do is cry and am unhappy. So thank you again! At least I know I am not the only one out there going through a divorce or about to be divorcing.

I've never before seen the subject of dogs come up on this forum. My ex and I were divorced in January and when the settlement was worked out, the dog was never mentioned. I understand how you feel. My kids were grown and had moved away and my dog was my buddy and I love him a lot. Sadly, I had to leave him when I left. If there was a way I could have, I would have taken him with me.

I would ask your attorney for piece of mind. If my husband tried to take my dogs, I would kick his ass & *&^5!!

Take the dogs. I had to leave mine until I found a place that would allow me to have them. My ex killed my oldest pup because he hated him and knew how much I loved him. My other pup he gave to a friend of ours with out telling me. It broke my heart and it hurt my kids as well.