Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I'm going to die crying

Thank you. I will go check out that site.

Thanks I need all the prayers I can get. And I cant afford a therapist. He is paying the bills until june but after that no insurance and no money unless my attorney fights for me and I get a fair judge. And you are right. Part of me realizes that there isnt anything there and really never has been. But if he at least would have warned me. Gave me time to figure things out.

Thanks. So you are happy now? And i already am on 2 antidepressants. Have been for years. Now I think about it, I wasnt on them until a few years after being married to him. Guess that should have been a clue a long time ago.

When I was with the flea I was in anti depressants as soon as he left I got off them. I was just like you. I had lived with his man for 20 yrs then all of a sudden he wasn't happy, I was angry at first, then I started to cry. I would not get out of bed and would cry all day. I have a 19yr old daughter and an 8 yr son. They need me and now I know that, they make me strong and make me keep going. I was just like you I had no support, no friends, no family. Nobody to there for me. Just my kids. I also have a thyroid problem and gain weight very easily and can't loose it. You do know that your thyroids also makes you feel depress. Like you are dying and see things a different way. send me an email and I will tell you how my thyroid did all kinds of things to me. ladyrb1@hotmail.com

I am so sorry you are in pain. I was where you are when my husband left our marriage. An absolute total mess! I felt so awful that I thought, at the time, I was going to die from the pain. I lost 30lbs, couldn't eat, stayed in bed all day, didn't bathe or care about anything. I did get through it, now look back & think wow, I cant believe I was such a mess over a marriage that was based on deceit. Let that give you faith, that you will get there too.
No one is worth your happiness & measure of a remarkable woman that deserves to be appreciated.

Sue, I couldn't have said it better myself. It is so true. I now see how many tears I wasted on a fool.

Susan

New to here. Seeing if I can post.

Ok , I see that I can post. I am in the same situation that you are in. I have cried everyday for a year until I just can't do it anymore. I have gotten to the point that suicide is more of a solution that an option. But, I have to say, I went to a counselor this week and it was so good to sit and talk to someone who is objective. It felt freeing. I don't know how far you are into your experience but I have been battling mine for a year.
Divorce in ways is like a death. My first husband died of cancer when he was 28 and I was 25. I re-married 2 years later to the husband I am now divorcing and I feel the same feelings I did with the death, and in a sense there has been a death of a relationship, a marriage. I have to young children also, which makes it harder. I am not gonna say it gets easier, because I am in the middle of it myself. I have read a book called the Twelve Steps of Divorce, and somehow it comforted me. It is based in the 12 steps of AA. The first step is to accept the things you cannot change. I have said the serentiy prayer over and over and over.... and somehow, it has helped me. I have had to accept that my husband does not and will not love me anymore. I am the one who had an affair, and he can't forgive me for it, but I cannot control what he feels. That is one step towards healing is accepting that you cannot change others feelings or thoughts. Just some food for thought.

I am going through the same thing. I have an 8 yr. old and I am having trouble finding joy again. I found out in February. Let's connect kwhite22@comcast.net

It is not impossible to save a marriage from the ashes of infidelity. Have you and your husband been to marriage counseling? Has any legal action been taken yet? Try and talk to him about the children and would he consider to try on a trial bases to reconsider for the sake of the children. Men cheat as a matter of passing but if women do there is such a double standard here. I also cheated on my first husband when I was 20 to make matter worse he was in Viet Nam during the war and to make things even worse yet I got pregnant by my lover. So you aren't the only one who has made a mistake. My husband came home from the war gave "Our Daughter" his name and has always been her father and is in fact much closer to her then his own bio daughter to this day! Sadly this marriage did not last. I got pregnant with youngest daughter (his bio child) and we seperated..I think he had actually had come to grips with my affair and that wasn't why we divorced. It was the fact we were so young and he had ptsd from his war experiences. In the military most of your personal freedom is taken away and he was finally free.(he was drafted as most boys were then) There is a book called divorce busters and they have a web site. Alot of it seems strange to me but maybe it would help? How young are the children? Is your husband still in the home? This is really a tough one. I would acknowledge his pain and let him vent his anger. I'm sure the therapist will help you on this. I will pray for you. Both of you need to try and act in the best interest of the children! Just alittle side note. After about 6 months of being seperated we started to try and fix our marriage. I had the baby and neither one of us really gave 100% to trying to recover our relationship. I meet my current husband and got a divorce and was married to him 37 years. My ex husband (1st ex) and I have remained very close over the years. I even attended his wedding when he remarried. He was an outstanding father and we worked as a team for the best interest of our two daughters. I had an open door policy and he could take or see the girls as often or whenever he liked. I let him take them 3 xmas in a row because he took them to the mountains for a white Xmas. (we live in southern Ca) So time does actually heal a broken heart(for both of you) Best of luck to you. I have walked in your shoes and they really hurt your feet.

In terms of flexibility in raising the children, that has to be a 2-way street in order for it to work. We have remained fairly flexible (compared to many I see I guess it is VERY flexible). However, I have asked that Jerk call before he comes. He'd just stop in and I never knew when to expect it. I was completely unsettled all of the time wondering if he'd drop in. I decided that this is my home and I was not longer going to live that way. If it works out for us when he calls, he can come. He started to get into a habit of interfering with our plans, and I had to put a stop to that. He wanted to monopolize the kids' free time. I could take them to their practices, do their homework, etc., but when they had some free time he'd take that. Call, plan, and all is fine. Control, manipulate, and it just won't work.

Kathleen:
I also and dealing with PTSD. It is a no win situation.