Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The heart

I TOTALLY understand. I am actually made fun of quite a bit for being overly-sensitive, it used to hurt me now I don't care! Because I have taught myself what is worth being sensitive about, and when it is best to LET GO. A couple of tricks I do. First, I stopped being upset by how cruelly people treat me. I decided I will always be kind and if I unintentionally hurt someone else or if someone misunderstands me or misjudges me, I am sorry but that is THEIR problem becuase I would never intentionally hurt someone. that's just dumb. Unless he's my husband Who takes great pleasure in hurting me, so ya know, a little give and take, huh?

Anyway, so basically I tell myself it not not about how other's treat me, it's about how I treat otehrs. I go to sleep with a clean conscience.

Also, I find myslef replaying a scene over and over in my head that mad me sad/mad/hurt. This STRENGTHENS the memory and the emotions attached to it. So I consciously tell myself STOP and force my thoughts somewhere else until that urge to replay is passed. It HELPS.

I am also HORRIBLY shy. People think I am stuck up. But that's because I am ashamed of myself, figure no one will want to know me. Once they do, they'll bail like everyone else has done. So I FORCE myself to reach out. To smile at others, to strike up convesations with random people in various place. And it's FUN! Most people I think are shy, too, it feels GOOD when someone acknowledges your presence, takes a second to smile or say something. So try it. You'll make someone else feel good. If they don't respond, walk off and roll your eyes! It's still hard for me, sometimes takes me a while, but I do and I can tell you majority of people are kind and friendly and happy to chat. I am by NO means a social butterfly, but I do find that stepping outside of my comfort zone energizes me, and I learn a LOT from other people! I get some good information, interesting facts, you never know how a conversation will turn! I am almost 40 and only JUST getting to this point so I know it is very very hard for us shy people but trust me, take a little chance now and then and see how it goes!

Beautiful thoughts Strong Spirit! I have learned to do a lot of the same things myself and it really does make a difference. I have found that the more you approach people the easier it gets. I have also learned to like myself. I know I am a good person, If others have a problem with me it is their issue, not mine. Strangly enough, much of this attitude is very new for me. Somehow the strength it takes has been something I have gained from this horrible experience with my husband. I can't really explain it but maybe it has something to do with going through one of the worst things I could ever even imagine and I am still standing. Shakily at times, but still standing. After the past several months, the small stuff just doesn't matter anymore. (Just one more reason why I believe this woman of my husband's was brought into our lives to make a difference. Whether we end up together or apart both my husband and I have changed for the better due to this experience).

Yes, the fires purify the gold....

Susan