Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sharing Information/ and just taking the children

Take to the school all paperwork dealing with time each of you has the kids. If you are Custodial parent and he only has visitation you can stop him from taking picking them up from school. I called my sons school about this.

Secondly you need only share the information that he may not get otherwise. Tell him to ask the school to send a copy of their grades and any other information (conferences ect... , he can ask the kids for a copy of the sports schedule (if they want him there they can give it to him if the school won't).

I don't think you need to tell him about every appointment. Just let him know about the important stuff (does the dentist say they need braces, do they need surgery).

I would also let him know about anything he needs to pay for.

I have gmail as a email provider and there is a calendar . I add anything our son has scheduled and made sure he can access it. It's up to him to check it (not that he does).

You do NOT have to let him now if you are gone for a long weekend unless it involves HIS time with the kids. Your time is none of his business.

Email him anything you need to. Not only will you not have to deal with talking to him (which I just DON'T want to do) but you have a copy of his response. If you don't have it get caller ID. I don't even answer the phone if he calls just hand the phone to my son.

Hope this helps.

Re: Sharing Information/ and just taking the children

I just read a book about divorce and it stated make your child arrangements and dealings with ex like a business arrangement. Use your own judgement as to what your ex knows. I think it is easier if the ex is far away. Also, important to give him every chance to be involved with the kids and document it; that way he can never say you didn't let him know in advance. In my state, both parents have to attend a parenting class before divorce and a parenting plan is lined out and filed as part of the divorce. Hope this helps.