Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thought I would share

Yes, this is good to remember, my lawyer told me the same thing. My lawyer also said to just keep a daily diary writing in it things that happen and times as well. I never really had to use it for court, but it helped me get over my ex a lot faster. Every time I started to think of all the memories and good times we had together, I just had to open my diary up and look at all the awful things he did to me and the boys throughout the whole ordeal. It gave me strength to stand up and fight for myself in court. Now it is put away and I don't bother reading it anymore. But it was a big help in getting out my feeling and reminding myself to stay on track and not let my love for him be used by him ever again...now my emotions are pretty much at rest and I would suggest other's to try this if it will help them as well. It never hurts to have information at hand if you need it in court as well.

Susan

Good advice. I went through something similar and was glad I kept copies of everything we signed. My soon to be ex had a tendency to make promises and then renege like he had never said anything, so I got him to sign to some of those promises and as it turns out they are are actually legally binding where I am. Copies are vital.

The flea keeps all my emails and he would tell me to erase mine. I did as he told me. I found an old email account I use to have and found a lot of email that we had sent to each other, where he was already living with big foot and asking sex from me. I mentioned it to him the other day and he told me I should just erase that sh*t. I think he is nervous I will send them to big foot.

You must be a lot nicer than me, I would have sent them to her lol