Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: When is it going to end?

Dear Beth, Your comment their Dad has the money is just the reason my grandson choose to stay with his Dad instead of his mother. My daughter was never married to his Dad whom makes well over a million a year. This lavish life style is probley why my daughter stayed 14 years in a very mentally abusive and sometimes physically abusive relationship. However my grandson ended up living with me three fourths of the time. I am certainly not an expert but have you tried telling them something about abuse? Have you thought about maybe telling them you regret how you handled the situation when they called you names. That you were so hurt by them that you could not bear to put up with the same thing from them that you suffered through with their Dad. I also believe someday they will come to you. I would never, ever stop trying to contact them. Make it part of your life. I am only concerned that they to will treat their wife the way they have seen their male role model treat you. This will only lead to their unhappiness. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayer.

Dear Kathleen and Becky,

Thank you for your posts. I will never give up on my sons no matter what. I have faith in God and He knows my heart. The money situation is so lopsided. My ex is an executive and I am starting all over going back to college. Since I have left the abuse, it has been a rollercoaster rides with alot of guilt and shame but I can honestly say even if it is hard, I am in the light not the darkness. I was in a fish bowl with muddy, mirky water and now it is clear as the blue sea. Honestly, I did the right thing leaving. I, too, had to sneak out of my home when I left him because I would of been hurt. Thank you for your prayers, it means the world to me.

My gosh Beth...thats awful. I too will pray that this will turn around for you, as its hurting everyone involved. No winners in a situation like that.

Thanks, Chris. My ex thinks he is winning by showing my sons what an example of a father and husband is but in the worse way. He thinks the motive is to hurt and destroy me but little does he know that God knows my heart.