Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
living together

we had a 4 way meeting again everything seemed to go fine until we got home. He comes off like this great guy the lawyers like him but when he comes home he starts his nonsense. At the meeting the lawyers talked about maybe him refinancing the house so the kids and I could stay in the house he was somewhat aggreeable about it and it would benefit him with taxes and theres no money to be made we only own it 2years. I can't buy him out or refinance under my name. So when we get home he starts being a jerk I am selling the house your not staying here this is my house. The kids will be fine in a apt. I guess I have to go along with it but do I have to live with him until the house sells it could take a long time I ask him to leave it would be best for the kids so they don't here us fight its not good he tells our daughter the other day that we are going to be homeless because he can't afford the mortage this month which is bull but he is scaring our daugther she is young she don't need to here this. I tell him to man up and leave he won't. He still goes on and on about taking the kids because i suffer from panic attacks so he calls me mental he says I'm using the kids so i could get childsupport money Meanwhile I have taken care of the kids from day 1 NOT HIM we go to court this week I would like him to leave but I don't think I have grounds to ask the court for him to leave. He was leaving in sept its funny how he could do what he wants what a jerk.

Re: living together

I would make it a point to advise your lawyer that he changes his story when he gets home. Is the house only in his name? Maybe the court would order that you should be allowed to stay in the family home? Again I think the best thing is not to discuss anything about the divorce except with the attorney! Set boundaries and stick to them. He can't fight with you if you refuse to take part. Just tell him he can present this to the attorneys and the court. Advise your attorney he has upset your child and shaken her security. Let the attorney know these things. He or she will probably contact his attorney who will tell him to leave the kids out of this. Doesn't look good to the court. I'm not sure about them making him leave? I would certainly advise your attorney that it is difficult for the children and see what the attorney says. I'm still living with my stbx and there is no fighting just stone silence on both our parts. It is just a waiting game for us. All children are adults and out of H/H for many years now. It is tragic that the kids end up being the real victims in all of this. My prayers are with you and yours. This is the time for strength.

I've refused to fight with Jerk. Funny how he can continue to fight even when there is silence on the other end. He continues to bring things up that he knows will hurt me...he must lay awake at night coming up with some of this stuff. I have told him I would not discuss it and to talk to his attorney. So his attorney tells mine that I'm refusing to work with him . Jerk, too, will put on an entirely different face when the attorneys are around. I can't imagine living under the same roof!

Men like him is why we HAVE panick attacks. I wasnt on antidepressants until after a few years of being married to him. Guess that says something lol