Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Feel so alone since the divorce

Divorce was just finalized Friday. I've been waiting for this for so long, and am happy to be free of ex on paper. I just hate being single so much. He has been seeing someone which I dont care in the least about...although it does peeve me that my son talks about her all the time.

I was/am seeing someone too...for seven months. My man just deployed to Afghanistan last week. I just feel so alone. I loved being married...or I guess the idea of being married since my ex was the wrong choice for me.

I miss having someone. I just want someone to love and who will love me. I want to be happy after all I've been through. I just feel lost and all by myself now.

Not that I wont see my guy again when he returns (which may not be for a year and a half), but its just hard being alone. I was alone for so long in my marriage before leaving, and did take a long break after leaving him before looking for someone else. I got a taste of what it's like in a healthy relationship and it's so amazing.

Just feel so lonely. Sorry...little pity party today.

Re: Feel so alone since the divorce

Dear Chris, Have you made an agreement to wait for your guy? Is this a serious relationship with boundaries set as to whether or not you are going to see someone else or not? It is all up to you to decide whether it is worth it or not. If he is military then that is the life they have to live. Here today away tommorrow. Is that the life for you? This is the time to get out if that is what you want to do. Do the right thing for both of you. There is no easy answer here. Just think it out long and hard before you decide. Does it look like he has plans for marriage and children in the future? I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

It's not the life for me....no. This is his last tour however, and he is such a good man that he is worth waiting for. I did tell him I would wait and although it hurts, I'm ok with it. Were both done having kids, and he is the marrying kind. We didnt talk marriage (too early), but I can see a life with him.

My life is such a mess right now...I have an upcoming custody battle, lost my job, living with family and stuff, that hopefully by the time he gets back I'll have myself straightened out (all my issues with my ex resolved and really be able to begin anew). I never wanted to begin a new relationship and bring my old crap into it, but my ex started this custody thing, so now I have to finish it.

Its just hard being alone. Never banked on getting divorced, you know?

Dear Chris, I'm so glad he is worth waiting for! Like you said this will help you get thing settled before he comes home. Everyday I am so grateful my kids are adults and I don't have to deal with this! But believe it or not this has hurt them and my husband is their step-father.(I married my husband when they were one and three) What is the custody thing all about? Please feel free not to say anything about it if you'd rather not. How many kids and how old? Most states do 50/50 now unless there is a really good reason not to.Makes it really hard if your good guy stays in the military and has to move around. Just be strong for your kids and your good man. We will continue to pray for you.

Dont be sorry. I think a lot of us need a pity party. I know i do. I dont want to be alone either, so you arent alone. I dont envy you with a military man though. Thats what mine was before he left. Military life is hard for those of us who go in it late. I was 35 when mine desided to go back in. I couldnt get used to it. Its a whole new world. Hugs

I think I've been in a pity party for the past month, so let it out. It is the best way to get it over with. I think we are in the same boat, we all wanted to be part of someone's life, but we picked the wrong person. Take care and I hope you can straighten your life soon, so you can move on with your life.