Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for you all.

When you no longer live with the X, how do you all communicate? Are you suppose to? I dont know what to do? Do I tell him email me only? Or call my cell only? I know some of the utilities at the house are on my name and I cant change them to his name and I was advised not to turn off the water, etc.. so how do I communicate with him without having to actually deal with him? Let me know! Please! Oh, and we dont have kids so, it should be simple, right?

Re: Question for you all.

It is all up to you how you communicate...there aren't any rules :)

We have kids together so I find it easier by phone. It was not always easy at first, but we have figured it out.

Susan

We have kids but I can't stand hearing his arrogant voice so I tell him only emails. When he calls I give the phone to my son and I won't talk to him.

I also prefer e-mails. He will threaten (not physically) me on the phone, but he's much more careful what he e-mails.

My advice is to do everything you need to through text or email...something you can keep a record of in case an issue comes up and you need proof of what happened. Save voicemails and everything. You never know what can happen.

Email. I've tried talking by phone but he's such an arrogant P**** that I couldn't do it anymore. He routinely has our son hang up on him, as well...

Record the phone calls. Even if it's taping a mic to the earpiece- do it. There are free programs that let you record to a PC (audacity).

RE utilities. Get them turned off. Send a registered, return-receipt requested letter notifying him of the dates they will be turned off so that he can arrange them to be put into his name. No way in this universe I'd leave anything in my name.

I agree with Tracy shut everything off that is in your name.
In the beginning my ex and I did email. this way I could chose to read them or not. I actually forwarded all emails for my ex to my brother who would read them first and then send them back to me if it was something important. You have to understand my ex was sending me over 5 emails a day about how much he loved me and how he was going to end his life because I left him. It was bad so I quite opening them myself.
I have since closed out that email address because it was becoming to much to deal with.
Now we do phone, but only when the kids are not home. I told him that if he needs to talk to me about anything he must do it between certain hours of the day. I don't want him bothering me at work and I don't want to talk to him when the kids are home because 9 out of 10 calls end up with each of us screaming at each other and i don't think the kids need that on top of everything else.If the kids are with him I don't care of course. Usually it is one of the kids calling me anyhow.