Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: bad day for a different reason

I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this with Buddy. It's hard enough with nothing else going on but to deal with this and the divorce is hard. I lost my beautiful Cocker Spaniel Bo almost 2 years ago. I was not there and I blame myself for his death every day. Ex hated him, and I do believe he killed him. Why else would he have died on my birthday when he was healthy? I had just had him to the vet and other than going blind in his left eye and losing his hearing he was healthy. As I always said "He is 25 lbs of sheer muscle" He was a fat lazy cocker who ate everything in site, I called him my little hoover, lol.
He was my best friend. I would sit and cry and he would wiggle his fat butt on my lap and just sit there looking at me. I could tell him anything I was feeling and he never told me how stupid I was or how my feelings didn't count. He never left me or made me feel alone. He was there for me. Stupid I know but when he died it was like losing a life long friend. I took my favorite picture of him and had it framed with a little quote written on the bottom. It helps me to see his little face all the time.
I will pray for Buddy but mostly I will pray for you as I know the pain involved in losing your beloved friend.

You're right, Sue. It's remembering the good & being grateful that can truly heal our hearts.

I am adding you & Buddy to my long list I pray for each night. It's my way to make sure I don't forget everything/one I appreciate.

I hope he makes a speedy & full recovery!

Oh Sue! I'm so sorry! I will definitely say a prayer for you and Buddy. I know how you feel about your dog. I have a cat who I have had for eleven years. She has been with me through so much. I truly hope everything turns out ok.

I am so sorry for Buddy. He is in my thoughts and prayers. I also have dogs and they have been my best friends and my children. A dogs love is unconditional and believe me, they have emotions. Think positive. It's hard, I know. I had to put down one of my dogs and it was one of the toughest decisions I ever had to make. I dont know what was harder, filing for divorce or putting a beloved dog down. Stay strong for your dog. Buddy feels what you are going through and now he needs your support, love and energy. I will pray many times over. Best of luck. Keep us posted.