Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Music Reccomendation

Lately I keep thinking of that song by Dixie Chicks-Earl's Gotta Die. I chuckle to myself everytime I think of that. I better understand those lyrics now, that's for sure!

I love the country song Look It up by Ashton Shepherd. The lyrics are so how I feel about my ex.

I really can't hear music. I hate everything that talks about love, it turns my stomach and my anger turns worse. I guess I am really screwed.

I can't listen to love songs either, I mostly listen to songs that make you think

I'm a huge sucker for Lady Gaga.Good to work out to...and fun to sing in the car!

When I'm hating my ex I listen to Beyonce's Irreplaceable, and Christina Aguilera's Fighter.

I'm with Ladyrb. Most music is just to painful for me right now. I adore love songs but there's just no way I can listen to them right now. I hate the fact that I used to love music and many of my favorite songs are in some way tied up in my memories with my husband. Does this mean I'll never again be able to hear them withour pain? I'm guessing so...
It's kind of strange but lately my husband has been listening to a lot of songs about people who left their spouse and now regret it and want to come back. We are often in the car together as we still live together and go out at least weekly to talk. He has made himself quite a playlist of songs with that subject matter. When he first started playing them I hoped maybe he was sending me some message through them. Now I wonder if he gets some kind of twisted fun from playing them when we are together.

I can't listen to much music either. After 30 years I am bound to hear a song from my past with stbx. So instead, I listen to an alternative Christian radio station, Air 1. It's all upbeat rock music, with a message that someone loves me and always will: God.

There's a song by Lily Allen that I listen to every single time WK pi$$es me off...it's called, simply, 'F*** You'! ^_^

And another angry feminist folk strummer, Ani DiFranco, has a song called 'Untouchable Face'...pretty much the same sentiment, in prettier words.