Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help on Shared Custody Issue!

Hi.
My ex and I divorced in Jan of 2010. Both have moved on to new relationships he lives with his gf and she has another child. I live with a new husband and we have a new baby. My ex and I have 2 boys 9 and 5 and agreed when we divorced on a shared custody.
Problems...
Since our agreement, my ex has started arguments in front of our children, kept the children and given them to his mother for a week without telling me, talked bad about me (he and his gf) in front of the boys, and caused scenes to where cops have been called and my sons karate instructor had to ask me ex to calm down and please leave.
I recently went back to court to have out 50/50 1 week on, 1 week off changed to me having main custody and him having visitations. I will agree to anything as long as the children maintain a stable home enviornment, which isn't what they have right now. My 9 y/o sees a therapist, as do my ex and I to try and work things out. Each week is some other new event and I felt that going back to court was what was best for the boys....what are the chances of the court ruling in my favor??

Re: Help on Shared Custody Issue!

I have something very similar going on. I'm pursuing full custody of our son. I was going to make a thread about my story...just havent had time yet. I really dont know how the courts will look at your situation, but I would hope they would rule in your favor.

How do the boys feel about what your ex is doing? If they are being affected negatively by his behavior than something definitely has to give.

My ex initiated this custody mess, as he wants full physical custody. He would have to prove me unfit for that to happen (which it wont ). I would think the same would pertain to you. Do you have enough on him that you think he could be deemed unfit?

Sorry I cant help more.

Re: Help on Shared Custody Issue!

Well, my 9 y/o and my ex and I go to therapy once a week and everything is brought up there. How he talks bad about me and any arguments he starts. Also the karate instructor has witnessed him starting an argument and being loud and yelling in front of the kids. My 9 y/o is really affected. A few things he's said is that he feels very torn and wants to cut himself in half with a chainsaw so everyone would just be happy. Also, after the badmouthing started he told me , Ya know Mom, I'm not stupid, I'm not. I know Daddy wants me to hate you and I just want you to know that I don't. His behavior is affecting them very negatively...