Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
don't want to be divorced

The divorce became final about a month ago and now neither of us wants it. Now what?

Re: don't want to be divorced

There is nothing saying you have to stay divorced if you both regret the choice, but if you took the time and energy to get a divorce, I wouldn't jump right back into the marriage before you really know what went wrong in the first place to bring you as far as to getting a divorce.

You did not state why the divorce came about, but I think maybe if it were me I would sit down with my ex and a counselor and find out what needs to be fixed before going back into something that must have been broke in some way.

This would be a good time to step back for a minute and work on things before you rush into another marriage. Maybe if you learn from the mistakes you have made you will better understand how to make your marriage work and have even a stronger marriage than you have had in the past.

I guess what I am suggesting is that if you know you both made a mistake then take it slowly to make sure it is a mistake that you have made and work together slowly to correct it before jumping the gun again.

Susan

Re: don't want to be divorced

Many of us who have gone through the divorce are wishful that we could take it back. My parents went through a divorce, reconciled, and later celebrated their 50th anniversary. It can be done. Unfortunately, not all of us are so blessed as to have this happen. I'd be extremely happy if my ex and I could reconcile, but I just don't see it happening. There are so very many problems and he's not inclined to see any way but his way. He doesn't know how to communicate. He only knows how to use people, including me No. I won't go back to that. Never.