Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Easter=New Life

It was Easter weekend last year when Jerk moved out. I chose to look at it this way: Easter celebrates a resurrection...a new life. I have decided to mark Easter each year as the anniversary of my new life FREE from his control.

Jerk has been ridiculously impossible the last 2 weeks. I sent him a letter via e-mail and cc'd it to my attorney. In it I told him the compromises I was willing to make, but what I needed in return. I also told him in matters of the divorce I would only communicate with him via e-mail or the attorneys. So for 2 weeks we've been going back and forth. I would say fine to this or that and he'd write back still arguing with me. How can you not be satisfied when you get what you ask for? It has been really frustrating for him, I'm sure, because I have not answered every e-mail. If it is redundant and I've already answered that question I disregard it. I usually let it sit 24 hours before I answer. It give me time to think about my response, to word it so he can't flip my words, and to consult with my closest cheer squad to confirm my response is appropriate. So he sent an e-mail asking if we could talk face-to-face on the issue of summer visitation. I ignored this e-mail. He called yesterday and began to ask about the kids, how counseling was going, if the counselor has said anything, etc. He was VERY cooperative and willing to work with me. I don't know where it came from, but I'll take it.

Happy Easter...Happy New Life, Everyone.

Re: Easter=New Life

I love your view on Easter. Thats really nice.

Glad your ex is behaving and giving you a break too.

Have a great holiday!

What a great way to look at what is an awful memory for you. I will remember this come Christmas. My stbx left 3 days after Christmas.

Becky I wish you the best Easter ever, I hope the ex keeps cooperating with you. I wish you the best this weekend, take care