Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
moving to dallas with fiance...

I want to take my 6 year old son with me but my ex is putting up a fight. He is projecting that my fiance will abuse my son along with insulting him for being a former cop and in the Army reserves. We currently have joint legal/physical custody. How do I go about changing the paperwork so that I can legally bring my son with me?

Re: moving to dallas with fiance...

This is really going to be tough. Don't get your hopes up at all. I'm sure you have to go back into court and get the courts permission. Many, many, many women I know did not get permission from the courts and were forced to stay put. What do you think would sway you ex on this? This is going to be a long shot I'm afraid unless the ex is in agreement. I of course have no idea where Dallas is to where you currently live. It could be 50 miles for all I know. Then maybe but out of state very doubtful. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers on this one.

Try bargaining with him. Tell him if he lets you move, you will give him more summer time or every other christmas and that you would pay for the plane thicket if necessary. Give him something you think he might want. You never know what you can get if you don't ask. Take care and good luck

I agree that it will be very difficult but I wish you luck. I know of a guy who was able to stop his ex from taking their kid out of state. She's doing an appeal now, so I wonder how that will turn out. Sometimes they are allowed to move but have to pay all the transportation expenses for visitations for the other parent or the child to travel.

I would try to negotiate with ex. Maybe you'll get lucky. It cant hurt.