Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question

How many of you would consider been friends with the Other woman?????

For me I know I couldn't possibly be friends with the flea or with big foot. I hate them both and of course wish them the happiest life ever. I have been told several times, since she is a part of my son I should try to talk to her and try to get to know her, but I don't think I could ever look at her and not want to tear her apart. As it is every time I see the flea I just want to throw myself at him and rip him apart.

Re: Question

My God, I don't think I could ever do that. She broke up your marriage.(most likely did you a favor though from the sounds of things) I am very friendly with my 1st ex and his wife. I even attended their wedding. I was the one who ruined this marriage. My ex did not remarry for 14 years. She came along way after the fact. He did have a girl friend for a short time who hated me even though I wasn't a threat. I was already remarried. I never once talked to her. My ex was so good with our girls I knew he would make sure she was nice to them!

I think it all depends on the person. My ex sister-in-law is friend or on a friendly basis with her ex's girlfriends, yes friends, but honestly I couldnt. There is no way I could be nice to her or it. I admit I am not a very forgiving person, but she would be nothing but constant pain for me. So I guess, it just depends on you. If you dont want to or cant, then dont and dont feel bad about it. You dont have to be friendly with her. And if you have to deal through her for your children, I think I would nip that in the butt real quick. You really shouldnt have to deal with her at all. Just my opinion.

No, never. If forced in a situation with her I would be civil unless a confrontation comes up on her part, but I do not really have anything to do with her. I deal with my ex only about our boys and if it were not for my boys I would not even really be dealing with him either. I know I have to forgive them for what they have done, but I don't think God would mind if I chose not to be a friend to my ex or his girlfriend. I can forgive what they do, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with what they have done as being okay and I would have to do that to even think about being a friend and a friend is someone you can count on and trust...That is another thing I could never do with my ex or this girl. I would trust a complete stranger before I would trust those two. Sad to say, but true. A liar destroys more than they will ever know.

Susan

I feel your pain! My EX and my friend are now one so they say. We finally signed the divorce papers on the 13th and it sucks to say im not married anymore! does the pain ever end?

kiki, I guess it must really be hard when the other woman already starts off as your friend before all this happens...it makes it an even deeper betrayal. I am learning that is does end and I think in time it will end for you when you distance yourself from your ex friend as well. Try and have a nice Easter. You are in my prayers today.

Susan

Be friends....no. Civil....yes. I think its taking the high road on your part to do that. I havent met ex's gf yet but I assume we'll cross paths at some point. I have no desire to see ex, or to meet her, but my son likes her and she seems to be good to him. I guess thats all I can ask for. Ex would love for me to throw a fit over her. I wont give him the satisfaction.

Friends, never. Not even planning on friendship with stbx, even though he expects it. My kids are grown so I have no need for contact, Thank God!! The girls won't even talk to him. One day if they have a relationship with him and his slut so be it. I will never.

Absolutely 100% positively not!!!!

There is a better chance if it snowing in he11! I have met his GF a few times when we were married. I have hated her from day one. Figured that 11 years would have changed how I felt about her but NO. Now I hate her even more. She is a rude, nasty excuse of a woman. She has no problem starting fights between me and ex while our kids are there. She butts in during phone calls between us. I told him to "keep his dog on a leash and keep her out of MY yard" She has gone so far as to tell me "If you need to talk to ex about anything, even the kids, you will go through me" Like he11 will I talk to her regarding my kids...
As far as I am concerned I want nothing to do with her. She is not allowed at pick up or drop offs anymore because she starts fights all the time and it is to hard on my kids.
The highest road I have taken is to tell my kids to try to give her a chance. I tell them to respect her (even thought she does not deserve it) But I will never ever become friends with her.

Lisa, so right - the likelihood of Lucifer ice-skating to work is greater than the likelihood of me ever being friends with the Beast! Oddly enough, WK is fabulous to the kids when she is not around. Of course, he doesn't get it. Oblivious prat.

I'm not still friends with her! My EX had a two year affair with her. I found out by making an account on sprint web site and when i logined in she was texting him like 3500 textes a month. So, no she is not my friend anymore. The only thing now is my children have to be with her.