Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Some of best things....

1. No more worrying about if he's going to get mean again.
2. A clean house! He is such a slob.
3. No more wondering if he will talk to me.
4. No more really filthy swear words from him.
5. I don't have to feel like his housekeeper, his personal assistant, his money manager.
6. No more fights about money!
7. No more threats that he's going to call to have the phone, gas, electric turned off.
8. No more hearing him say he's going to burn the house down.
9. I don't have to feel so darn inferior any more. He was so "important" that there was never more than one of us in the house.

1. Freedom, oh the freedom, from someone who controlled more than I ever knew of my life. I only began to see this when he was gone. My world centered around his life and now I am just beginning to become who I once was many years ago.

2. Feeling good about who I am again: No one pointing out how I could do something better, never letting something be just about me, always criticizing in an undertone way, someone always manipulating things around me for his benefit, always asking for what I wanted, but then doing things his way anyways.

3. No more feeling alone even though he was right beside me....continually talking on the cell phone on car trips, at stores, at home, in the yard etc.

4. No more whining and complaining how sick, tired or sore he was all the time, but when I was sick ( and I mean really sick) he would mope because I couldn't do what he wanted or want sex even when I had a high fever(no kidding and he would make me feel so bad that I actually would do it.) Made me drive myself to the hospital at times at night because he was to tired and had to work in the morning...so many more things I could go on and on, but won't because it is over(in a good way).

5. No more walking on egg shells wondering what his issues of the day would be or having him wanting everyone to be miserable because he was and misery loves company seemed to be his motto.

6. It is just so nice having a lighter atmosphere around here. Having a little peace and quiet at times and just "living" with the boys, being who we are without worrying if we meet up to "his" standards anymore.

Here is to peace, joy and finding yourselves again.
Susan

Oh Wow! You hit home with this one!!!

1. No more road rage...It was bad!

2. No more liquor bottles everywhere

3. No more "I don't have any money to take care of that" when he has 4 closets full of clothes and shoes.

4. No more physical violence

5. No more verbal abuse

6. PIECE OF MIND

7. I can watch whatever I want

8. I can come and go as I please

9. Don't have to worry about getting home from work w/i a set amount of time w/o playing 20 questions.

10. No more attitude when my family visits

11. No more calls from his bill collectors (Bills I didn't know he had)...OMG! This should have been #1.

12. I can do more things. He never wanted to go anywhere.

13. No more analyzing everything I say when we are out or talking on the phone.

Thanks for letting me vent. I have more, but don't want to bore anyone. This just makes me happy to know I did the right thing when I left!!!!

The lists go on and on...
1. No sleeping next to someone who doesn't want to touch me.
2. No crying myself to sleeep (and he knew I was)
3. No miserable grunts about everything
4. Not having to do his laundry
5. No listening to complaining about mess, when he made it too.
6. No more hugs he doesn't want to give me anyway.
7. No kisses that he hated to give me.
8. No more feeling like crap because I know he doesn't care about anyone but himself.
9. No constant crying because I am so unhappy.
10.Not making excuses for anything.

Wow, they really can build up! hahaha

1. no more disappointing looks
2. no more demeaning words(even though he still does it)
3. no more looking as his face.
4. no more "I can't save money because of you"
5. no more having to put up with his bad moods.
I can go on and on like every one else here. This was a great post.