Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Takes Two

I am so sorry your daughter feels that way. I can't understand it. He left you for someone else. It was his problem, not yours. Your ex sounds an awful lot like mine. So many of these men are just plain stupid and selfish. I have two daughters, 23 and 28 and they are so upset and disgusted with their dad neither one of them will speak to him. It's been almost 4 months. My oldest is expecting a baby in October and is afraid he will show up at the hospital and she doesn't want him there. My youngest is so angry with him that the other night when she had furnace problems, she called a heating dealer to come check it out when her dad works for the gas company and would have done it for free. I told her three times to just call her dad. Each time I got a no. So I let it go. I don't know when or if they will ever want anything to do with him. Maybe one day your daughter will see the light. I hope so.

Re: Takes Two

What I have learned about divorce is.....

It takes two to get married and work at the marriage and....

It takes only one selfish person to destroy a marriage

I know no one is perfect and we all have faults, but when it comes to bigger issues in life like marriage I hate when the comment..."It takes two"... is just thrown around as if nothing...I am not referring to the title of this post...I am referring to people looking at someone who has devoted everything to a marriage and has tried their best and worked their hardest and then this person says...you must have done something as well???.

Maybe it is easier for people to share and pass around the blame. Sure, I am not getting younger and becoming a beauty queen as a get older, I may have been a little to stubborn at times or maybe didn't always understand what he was feeling. There is no perfect marriage, but I know I put my all into everything I do and everything that is important and all it took was one selfish man and his want for a selfish woman to break up a 20 year marriage and family.

That is how much we meant to him. I don't really even blame the other woman that much..."he" made the vows, I gave all I had to "him" and "he" chose to walk away, if not with her then it would have been someone else. THE END: It only took one. I know there are others here who feel this way as well. I also know there are women out there who are just as selfish as men and all it takes is one selfish person to destroy something.

Just my opinion, Susan