Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: need some input

Not sure on legal stuff but from my attorney told me, you can have anything in the divorce but the judge has to agree on it. Dont let him freighten you into something untrue. Ask your attorney. If the divorce is complete, i have no idea, if not, you should be able to and either way I would think a lawyer could fight it.

Get everything you want in that paper, you can put anything you want. Now if you can get him to sign it that would be a different story, but since he is in a hurry he might you never know.

My son just went through a divorce and his ex talked about moving to Florida, Delaware, New Jersey, California ect. and he didn't want his son uprooted so many times. So he put in his divorce papers that his wife could move without geographic limitation as long as she could prove she had a job or was in school, and that she had appropriate housing for their son. She promptly enrolled in the University of Florida and moved from Texas. But they have worked out the visitation part of it. My son goes to Florida and actually stays with his ex while visiting his son and then brings him back here for a month or two at a time, and then they skype almost every day. So for them it works. But you should be able to put it in your divorce.

My attorney told me anything to do with the kids is NEVER really final...it can go back to court at any time. Sorry...I know that's not what you wanted to hear.

Well I FINALLY got a hold of my attorney and she told me that it can go in the divorce, it just has to be a divorce/custody settlement. I am only asking that he not take me to court over his lack of visitation, I know that custody is never final. I am just asking that he not take me to court for his make up visits that I owe him because he hasn't taken them. I owed him 16 days because he never asked for summer vacation and told the courts that he did and I refused to allow my children to sleep in a room with two girls, and they were living in a two bedroom home at the time. That was part of our original custody agreement in which he broke. GF's girls are 12 and 8...my boys are 9 and 7. I just didn't think it was cool that my youngest son came home and told me that they were all sleeping in one room. Anyhow that was August that he was awarded 16 days and he has only taken 2. It has been 8 months and I don't want to be held responsible for make up days..he has agreed to this and that is what I want in writing.
I have arranged to have him sign papers saying he is relinquishing his make up days and not holding me responsible for his lack of parenting (i.e. missed days, holidays and summer vacations) He is willing to sign because his wedding date is soon approaching and he doesn't want anything to hold up his "blissful" day. So I guess it's good that she is holding one ball and I am holding the other because right now he is willing to sign just about anything to get me out of his hair. Thank you all so much for your input. It's so nice to have a sense of knowledge before calling my attorney and feeling like a dumb a$$