Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Father and Son relationship

I had a different issue with my sons' father. He wanted to be Super Dad to the boys and take over everything at first, but in time things worked their way out and as the stress of divorce faded some... things became more normal. He would sometimes put his girlfriend before his boys, but I have to say all in all even though he can be selfish, he loves his children. I hope your husband sees what he is doing in time and changes out of love for his son. Only love can bring selfishness under control.

Susan

Susan

I think you might have a fight ahead of you if you just take away visitation rights. However, counseling may help for your son deal with the disappointment and it may lay the groundwork documenting that the relationship with his father is harmful. I don't know what the outcome will be but I'm rooting for you.

I too want a relationship for my boys and their Dad...but not at their expense. I am so sick of my kids being hurt by him that at this point I could care less if he ever sees them again!
He is irresponsible, heartless and selfish. He does what he want at the expense of my boys. (I'm fixing to writ a post about this)
There are days where I want them (all of them) to have a happy healthy relationship and other times I think they would be better of with out him in their lives.
I agree with the others about not telling the child about the visits, let Dad show up and surprise him or let him not come and spare him the hurt.

"I just would like to ask whether I am making the right decidion by not allowing the snake to see our son anymore?"

No, you are not. Beyond the fact that your son needs SOME sort of relationship with his father, you are not legally allowed to play keep away like that.

What do your court orders say? If you violate them, you could easily wind up back in court and be required to pay for his lawyer.

It's heartbreaking to hear stories like yours where a parent has so little bond with their own children.

"obviously the boy keeps asking about his daddy"
Are you helping to facilitate phone calls? I would be in physical pain hearing this from my child.

I wish you and your son the best.

Its a tough situation because I do think that they need to have a relationship, but you are absolutely right in wanting to keep your son from being hurt.

Do you have a visitation schedule that he isnt abiding by?