Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: When does the crying stop?

Thank you, Susan....You are very kind

Hugs, Allison

It's good to know it gets easier. Not sure I can afford counseling but will try journaling. Thanks for supporting me. :)

There may be counseling available for a reduced fee or on a sliding scale. You can look into the with Family Services if you are in a fairly urban area. I know because I've been looking into it. If my husband goes ahead with the divorce, I am going to need help paying for my therapy as well as both medical and psychological help for my adult son who is currently dependent due to health issues.
Oh and it does get better. I am 8 months into a struggle to save my marriage. I still have bad times but they are much further apart and rarely last an entire day anymore.

I am sorry for your feelings. As everyone has said it does get easier. I stayed through 10 years of him cheating on and off. Finally, I made a decision and I did leave with my three young children. It is very difficult and rough and he has made it very severe for us. Yes, my soon to be ex-husband is a physician and his girlfriend hangs out at his office and he takes her into the hospital when he rounds on patients. But he has told the community I cheated. And of course he is believed because he is physician.

Lost, I feel for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best and that the courts will see the light and that you get what you deserve and nothing less. Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Thanks for the advice. I will look into the possibility for counseling if only for a short while before I move back to the States. And thanks for letting me know it gets better.

Well, isn't that the question of all questions. When does the crying stop? I don't know, I have been separated from my husband only 4 months now and I still have the crying spells that can last an entire day. Everyone tells me that it goes on for a while. It is not the person that you are grieving at this point it is the loss of the relationship, loss of the marriage that you thought was going to be forever has ended. Something we both thought was going to be wonderful and forever. It is over and now we must deal with it. It is better to be out of the bad relationship for sure, but why was it bad. Why did it turn bad. Why are we hurting when it was supposed to be so good and wonderful and it was supposed to be forever. I wish I could take the crying away for you or give you some magic time when you will be done but I guess we all will come to that point when we do, on our own time. What I can say is that no matter how hard it is now away from him,it is better that you are. If he betrayed you then that is that. You are better off and you have to start believing that. {{HUGGS}} to you, we will get over this. This forum is my saviour sometimes just to listen to other stories. Take care.

Good question... when DOES the crying, and memories Stop..???...
crying spells..
Not daily..
over that part..

but closure, dont have:(

focus Not on him and whys... not there yet..
cry or sad @times..yes..

when will it fade:(

Youre not wrong. You were betrayed and that hurts. It hurts coming from anyone, but when its your spouse its the worst. You dont have to downplay your feelings and situation because some women here may have a more complicated situation. Hurting is hurting now matter what the circumstances are.

Unfortunately it takes some time, but I can promise you that the day will come when the crying will stop. You'll still have days where you feel down, but it will get better. In the meantime, if you need to cry than do it. Its part of the healing process.