Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A sad, sad birthday

Happy Birthday, Teresa!
I understand how hard and lonely special days are now when you feel like you lost family and traditions, but I promise it does go back to normal when you heal and come out on the other side of this divorce. I was so numb from the hurt that on those first holidays and special days I felt like I was locked in a bubble watching everything going on around me, but not quit feeling anything but lonely and cut off from the celebrating that others did. I remember wearing sunglasses to hide my puffy eyes and forming a smile on my lips so I would not bring down others around me.

It's hard living with a broken heart waiting for it to heal and bring you back to something normal and meaningful again. But just know that it happens. Your heart begins to heal and then things around you begin to touch your senses again. You come alive again and do not feel that "walking dead" feeling. The thing you have to do is form new traditions to take the place of the missing ones. In time they will come to mean just as much as the other traditions once did. It is so hard to see now with a broken heart, but I will keep you in my prayers and ask that God give you the courage, strength and determination to make it through this day...one hour at a time. Remember we here are all wishing you happiness and joy today even though it takes healing to feel it sometimes.

Susan

First off...happy birthday (even though you arent feeling it right now). Its really nice that he did those things for you, and I understand you wanting that back so badly.

I hope you let your kids cook for you today. Even though your heart isnt in it, it will be better than being alone.

Happy Birthday!! I'm sending hugs and prayers your way and I am so sorry for the pain you are feeling. I think everyne here can relate.
I too hope you will let your kids cook for you. No doubt they are hurt and saddened by your situation too and it will do them good to feel that they are able to be sweet to you and maybe ease your pain just a little.

Dear Teresa, I also would like to wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Each birthday from now on will get better and better I'm sure. Enjoy what you can with your family. He just isn't part of that anymore. You will once again have someone special come into your life in God's good time. Don't let him take this special day away from you to. You are a wonderful women and please don't forget that. We will be thinking of you today on your day and always.

Happy birthday Teresa! I am sorry you are sad on your special day, but I understand. My birthday was just weeks after the selfish pig left me. It was hard, but I let me grown girls take care of me, and it helped a lot. They made me dinner after going with me to do something stbx always said no to. . .I got a tiny ladybug tattoo on my ankle for my birthday. So try to do something you want to do, and let your kids make dinner for you. It will mean a lot to them to take care of you.

I made it through today. Thank you all, I don't think I could have made it without your strength and prayers. For the first time since my husband left I seriousy considered checking myself in some place. I was on the verge of tears all day but I left the house and just tried to keep myself busy. I did let my children cook dinner at my daughter's house, and my mom came to dinner as well, and it was better than crying. I am grateful I have them in my life. Tomorrow is a new day and I hope I am back to healing. Again, thank you all so much!

Teresa, I didn't see your thread until now - the day after your birthday. Belated Happy Birthday! You got through yesterday and today is another day. You can rest assured that next year will be a much happier birthday.