Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Fabulous, Fun, and Exciting Meeting....NOT

So today, another meeting was held for my oldest...and in this meeting sat WK and the Beast, of course, who showed up 10 minutes before me (which I am sure was calculated to make me look like a jerk, but that's neither here nor there at the moment), and ensconced themselves in the best seats. Beast spent the whole time, when she wasn't running off at the mouth showing off how little she knows about child psychology, fondling WK's hands and chest in ways that nobody needed to see in public. Grow the flock up.

The meeting, in and of itself, was a total success. There were a few moments when I started to get angry at Beast for pretending that she taught my son to do laundry, or that he routinely asks to cook with her; I know the truth, and so does WK, and so does my son...does Beast? I doubt it. Truth # 1: My daughter taught her brother how to do laundry. Beast, at best, gave him a quick refresher. Truth # 2: The boy loves to cook with his dad. Beast gets bltchy if anyone but her tries to cook with WK. She sucks as a cook; burns Jell-O. My son's about as welcome in the kitchen with her as would be an arsonist in a paper factory.

Anyhoo. The two of them told more lies than truth, all to make themselves (especially him) look good. Nobody bought it. But they both left feeling very, very smug...

I did get in a good shot, though. I was privileged to spend a few days at the beach last weekend with friends, and stayed near a place where WK and I had spent a lot of time pre-kids. When I mentioned it, WK started to grin, because we'd had such a good time, and he asked if I'd stayed at the same place, and we talked about that for a little bit while the meeting was breaking up. While we were talking, laughing and enjoying ourselves (no attempt was made to exclude Beast, btw - and I'm sure WK has told her everything about our relationship, from the smallest detail to the largest), Beast took hold of his elbow just above the joint and squeezed it with all her might, so her knuckles turned white, and he gasped in pain and turned sort of greenish. He has severe osteoarthritis, and she really hurt him! Who does that? The casual cruelty of it just took my breath away! She is sick, sick, sick!

Re: Another Fabulous, Fun, and Exciting Meeting....NOT

Is WK married to the Beast? If not what is she doing there? Does your son get to see the therapist on his own? I hope they are asking him how he feels about all of this. Poor kids. It is so hard on them I know. Why do men tear their families apart like this? They need to change the laws to make it harder to get divorced with children involved. I know you stand up for your children. Your a great mom.

"They need to change the laws to make it harder to get divorced with children involved."

I think you mean "change the laws back".

No fault divorce was pushed by the feminist movement to make it easier for women to leave bad relationships. I think we are experiencing the unintended consequences.

Wendy, you're correct, and I think that's the missing piece of the puzzle. When the laws were changed, women by and large saw nothing but a big, beautiful door marked 'EXIT'. Of course, another unintended consequence of the no-fault divorce laws is that men who cheat can still file 'irreconcilable differences', even if those differences lie in who they feel like sleeping with!

You are so right Deirdre. My ex filed irreconcilable differences and when I read that I felt like there was no justice on this earth. Nothing like covering the truth with some pretty little words. He should have said...

Reason: Because I don't give a darn about anyone else, I'm a liar, a cheater, a user....etc.

Susan
PS I wish I could have filled that answer in for him.

Kathleen, I just realized I hadn't answered that set of questions. Yes, unfortunately, WK and the Beast are now married - coming up on 6 months, which is when, I predict, things will start falling apart fast. She's already threatening to leave over stupid ****. And by stupid, I mean WK talking to me.

In that meeting the other day, I was torn between wanting to rip her lips off, and/or sew them shut. Nothing came out but lies, d.a.m.n lies, and self-aggrandizing statements, which is evidently not unusual.

The only reason she is even involved with the therapist (and this was not a therapist appointment, btw - it was a school meeting, entirely not her bailiwick in any way, shape, or form) is that her name's on the insurance cards (Medicaid).

WK, the suffering b---ard, is now back to work - guess you can't keep a materialistic bltch happy with an unemployment cheque. I'm waiting to see how long it takes for him to try and arrange a lunchtime meeting with yours truly, LOL! It'll be the only time he's out from under her thumb.

Oh my gosh! What jerks for acting as they are...especially her for hurting him like that! Shows that you bother her though which is nice.

I know youre annoyed, but you made me laugh with your feelings about Beast. I needed a chuckle, so thanks!

Kathleen, the worst part was that I couldn't speak up in that particular meeting and call the two of them on their utter, utter BS statements. Why, you ask? Because my parents raised me to be a muckin' laaaady and behave with restraint and dignity in difficult situations. (Curse you, Mum and Dad! LOL! )

Chris, I was soooo p1$$ed when I saw that. Another thing I couldn't comment on, dangit. The poor sucker's got such bad arthritis, I'd be willing to wager he didn't even know it was the bint's squeezing causing the pain.

I did have to laugh...I was telling him something during the meeting and leaned slightly toward him to make a point.

Beast was looking elsewhere, but guess where WK was looking? That's right: Square in the cleavage, for a solid 15 seconds! Some things never change, huh?

Too bad it's now a big, giant sign for him!

I bet if the truth be known half these men wonder what the hel- they did. They have given up so much to be the other women they couldn't possibly admit to themselves the grass wasn't greener and that they would probably rather have their old wives and families back. But I bet they'll go to their deaths before they admit it to themselves or you. You know you still got it girl if he's sneaking a peek. I'm sorry your parents made you into such a lady. HA HA. I love that you can find humor in all of this. Just wait until he can't work any longer we'll see how long the Beast stays around then.

Yes Deirdre, I love your humor too. I found humor with my family and friends helped me get through a lot of things during my divorce. Always keep that humor of yours because it helps others here as well.

Susan