Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Time- Frustrated

Lost,

I document a few times where I had plans and had to cancel because he didn't pick the children up, and document where you asked him to make sure he followed through on his committments. After that I would go ahead with my plans and take the kids with me. If the court has said, no don't do that. Let your ex take you back to court and he can explain why you have your kids around your romantic interest. He can explain why he has repeatedly not shown up for his visitation or spent time with his children. It is not fair that he has plenty of time to build a new life while you put yours on hold.

Teresa

Re: My Time- Frustrated

I do agree. But my attorney told me this would just spark a huge custody battle even though he doesn't want the children. He has even told my children his girlfriend of three weeks would be a better mother to them and she would take care of everything. Funny how he knows her so well. I need to put another post up in regards of how he speaks to the children on the phone. My attorney told me unfortunately it's not fair but that's the way it is. He told me it won't last forever. I did have to switch attorneys and this one seems much better, even though I don't agree with this because in the end my children will be able to go around whoever I wish. This is giving my ex-spouse control.