Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Non-custodial parent talking with children.

You all are so right!! He did post on fb today that he was fine now he was just a little dehydrated from a sore throat. My daughter did say back then why did you tell me a couple months ago you had cancer and the other day you told me you were dying and in kidney failure and you would not get treatment. This is definetly a learning experience for her.

Thanks for all the support. Does anyone know of any websites that are geared toward children and if so are they safe?

My daughter is 10years old and she tells me she thinks he is lieing but what if that one time he is not. So, she states she will continue to worry. I did tell her that if something is seriously wrong eventually I would be made aware. I told her a couple months ago he said he had cancer, now his kidneys are failing. I'm just wondering what's next.

I think what may be next will be his heart, only it won't be a lie because he doesn't really have one to be doing this to his daughter. How can some people be so heartless.

Susan

Dear Lost, It concerns me that this unstable man is actually a doctor. He has a bad case of the God complex. I would be concerned about your financial future if you have to rely on this man. He sounds like he could actually do something to lose his license and where would you be then? This parasite is unconscionable to do this to a ten year old. I hope your children are seeing a therapist to help deal with all of this. It is amazing that so many bright, caring, genuine women have chosen to marry these men. Are they so different and then change that much? Mind you you're not allowed to see anyone with your children. I still can't understand how they can inforce such a thing. What if you want to remarry? This sounds really crazy to me. I must say you have one of the most difficult situations on this site. We will certainly pray for you and your children. Be prepared for the worst because with this man it is probably coming.

I think these men are such masters at manipulation, so good at lieing, and so talented at acting that we didn't see who they really were until it was too late. In my case I don't think there really were warning signs early on. Things happened gradually, really, but when I think about it I don't think he changed, I think he began to let me see who he truly is. I dated him for 3 years. You would have thought that would have been long enough! GEEZ!

Becky, you are so right. My ex played "Mr. Wonderful" for a long time. Then I started to see who he really was and was extremely disappointed He was not "Mr. Wonderful" He was "Mr. Wonderful When Other People Were Around To See It" Big difference.
My new boyfriend doesn't play the rule of "Mr Wonderful" He plays the rule of himself. He is just him, flawed, loving, caring and perfectly human. If I would have know just how deep my ex's flaws were I don't think I would have married him.