Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Starting to talk

Kathleen,

I will pray for you and your happiness. You have been such a strong supporter of the women in this chat room. Your comments sre so heartfelt and intelligent. You deserve every moment of happiness. Let us know how it goes.

Teresa

I hope all goes well and continues, it would be nice to have a marriage on this forum workout. Like you stated, just take is slow. There was a time my ex came back to work it out during our divorce and all he kept asking me was if I had canceled my lawyer yet. He asked me that at least once or twice a day for a week then ended up leaving again. I think he just came back to get me to drop her and then leave again, but I didn't I didn't trust him enough to listen to him. He came back another time before this and I didn't realize till later it was to take more things out of our home. I would love a happy ending for you and your husband. I think we all would love to see that, but please be very careful. I'm sure you know this though. You are in my prayers.

Susan

I wish you lots of luck. I truly hope that you both can get into therapy and find a way to make this work out.

Kathleen, there's a little glimmer of hope here. 37 years is a long time to have to let go. If he doesn't go to counseling, and for some reason he may not, don't give up. You took a small step by not talking about the problem. You both opened the door. You're in my prayers.

I can't tell you all how deeply your thoughts and prayers have touched my heart. I am trying to approach this as a realist. I am completely committed to going the distance and finishing the divorce if I have to. I don't want to but will if it is necessary. I still am trying to develope a bond again before starting into the hard work it is going to take. It was almost five years of silence and anger on my part. I know I had my part in the break down of my marriage. I am being wary of his intentions. I am the one who opened the door not him. He has not questioned the process of the divorce or the money I still have so far. I will keep you all posted. I am still praying for all of you and your families. I am still very much in this with all of you. There is no guarantee this is going to work out for us. I have just taken the few first baby steps. I can just pray and do my part for now.

I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers Kathleen. 37 years is a life time and I hope he realizes what is at stake..a wonderful,caring woman who is devoted to him.
Good Luck