Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
sending kid home at 2 am

I am soo ****** off at ex right now. Last night he had or son for a special event. He normally doesn't take him Friday nights because he works. Last time he did it was so they could drive to my ex in-laws when he got off work for Easter. Asked me for permission both times (Bozo doesn't realize that Fridays on his weekends are really HIS time, I' not going to tell him either, let him think I am doing him a favor)

Anyway I was going to pick son up after the event but they called to ask if he could spend the night since ex won't have son Sunday due to Mothers Day. After talking to my son to make sure this is what HE wanted (hours of boredom while Dad works) I said okay.

I wake up at 2am to find son in shower. He has a event to go to and all his stuff is here and Dad has nothing in house for a quick breakfast.

Am I wrong to feel this was irresponsible and inconsiderate?

Did he even know I was home for sure? NO. What if there had been a fire. I wouldn't have even known he was home had I not woken up. What if son overslept this morning. His group needs him and he would have missed it because I wouldn't have known to wake him. What if I had had male company? Okay not very likely at this point but that's besides the point. Plan to not have them spend the night when son is around in the beginning. No of the things I do enjoy doing when son is gone is taking a long bath and lounging in the living-room in just a towel. Son does NOT need to see that, especially since I frequently fall asleep on the couch. Do I deserve to wake up scared because I hear someone in the house? NO.

Thanks for letting me vent. Maybe now I can send the jerk an email that doesn't sound like I am biting his head off.

Re: sending kid home at 2 am

Nope. I don't think you are wrong for feeling that way. I don't have kids, but that sounds ridiculously irresponsible to me. He should at least have called or sent a text or just had him home at a decent hour.

I think it is a man thing and your dealing with two of the males here. Tell your son it is his responsiblity to let you know if there are any changes in plans. Yes it should be your ex's but you know how that goes. Calm down and let your ex know that you would like to be advised if there are changes in plans. I have found I win by taking the high ground. It makes them look like complete idiots which of course they are!

After venting here I sent an email to ex that if our son needs things from here to please send him home in the MORNING, that I need to know when he is in my care. Also told my son this.

Could have given my ex the list of reasons I gave here but then I would be accused of treating like he's stupid (which he is but he doesn't and never did like me to treat him like that).

By the way does anyone know what to do if spouse is Thoughtless. I tried REALLY hard to always word things in the nicest manner yet was still told I treated him like he was an idiot. How DO you get your point across?