Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: This may sound dumb

I believe that anything that effects our hearts has a place here.

So sorry you may have to leave your kitty behind. I was not Allowed to have inside cats while married to my ex. Got tired of outside cats disappearing due to owls/hawks whatever. One of the first things I did was get 2 kittens. Got to pick them up on my birthday. They make me laugh and always make me feel loved. Both sleep with me.

If I could I would help you with the cost of moving yours to be with you.

Maybe a new kitten when you get to the states is a good compromise. Sounds like you are definitely a cat lover and being without one is hard. If you know your old one will be in a loving home that will set your mind at rest. No pet can EVER take the place of another but just like children you can let them go.

Good luck and let me know how things turn out. You are in my prayers.

IF it was me...I would move the cat to the USA because he is...like your child.

When I was a child, my parents moved and we gave away 2 precious dogs....later, they always regretted that decision.

...so take your cat with you, even if it is expensive.

This is such a hard decission. We got two kittens right before he left for the kids. I do not think I would have gotten them if I knew he was going to leave, but I can not imagine not having their love right now either.

I have an adult child that I got a kitten for her when she was 2yrs old. The cat was there for her for everything, 20 years of love.

When the cat passed away I was the one that missed the love from her, leading me to get two more for my other children and myself. I know that they will bring love to our lives during anytime of their life, but I struggle with can I take care of them for a long time.

Right now they are with us and I hope they will remain with us, we love them so much. I will think about finding them a loving home when and if that time comes because that is what will need to done.

You will figure out what needs to be done.

I had a long talk with my family about it and it looks like we are going to try to find a way to get him to the States. It might take a bit longer than we anticipated but it's a definite possibility. There's hope yet, and my parents are looking forward to watching the "grandcat" every now and again. Thanks for your support ladies. You really helped out.