Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Just a thought... Scarey to scare me to do something.

I think if you do not feel safe and are also worried about your children's safety and as you stated, you are just waiting for foreclosure, then now is the time to do something. You seem to have set yourself a goal and now you have to lay out a plan as to what to do to achieve what you need in finding a safe place for you and your children.

Do you have family where you can stay for a while until you find something more permanent? Can you start looking now and set the ball into motion? Sometimes we are afraid to make a move until something happens and if you have weak trees in your yard or the furnace is unsafe and can't be fixed and you just feel like you are in limbo, then I say maybe now is the time and these things will give you the courage to do what needs to be done.

Rather than sitting around worrying about your family you can work on a plan to help yourself move along quicker. Courage comes when it comes to our kids. You are in my prayers. Let us know how you are making out with your plans.

Susan

Good for you May. Youre right...he is accountable for his actions, and so are we. We have the power to change our lives, better ourselves, and rise above where we came from. There are so many single women out there who are making their own way..we arent alone by a long shot.

Dear May, Happy Mother's Day to you! It is on this day that you were given a sign. A wonderful gift of courage and direction has come your way. It is in being a mother that you have found your strength. I understand how things can seem so hopeless. I have felt those emotions for many, many years myself. How many children do you have and what are their ages if you don't mind me asking? Where are you in the divorce process? Do you work? Where are the courts here? How did he get away with stopping to pay the mortgage on the family home with I assume minor children in the house? A home is of course your first priority. Maybe start by going through things and figure out if you will need to down size. You really need to get prepared. At least we are going into spring and summer and the furnace may not be a priorty. How close to the actual house are the most threatening trees? The trees other than the safety concerns actually sound wonderful. I used to live in Nebr. and now live in So Ca and there just aren't trees all around like that here. If you lay out your plans and maybe try to be moved in Sept. when kids start school again that gives you a few months to work this out. He has to pay child support and maybe spousal support also. What kind of man would allow his children to live this way? I am just amazed by this. How much family support can you count on? Are you active in a church because they usually will help. I know you will be able to do this for your children. I hope you have a lawyer. Tell the lawyer your situation. Tell the ex about the furnace. Our prayers are with you. It feels empowering to start to take action. As you start to find you can take care of your problems it will get alittle easier. Seek out whatever help you can find. People do actually care.