Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What else will he come up with

Yes, I think you are right, Dis.

Seriously??? What is it with these guys that want a divorce but still want to live together!?!?!

The man is absolutely out of his mind! What are your true feelings on this. Do you still want to work this out? This is degrading to you! Well this idiot consider marriage counseling? He has some very serious issues to deal with. If you are getting a divorce you need to be able to move on with your life. It sounds like he wants his cake and eat it to. If you are not "GOOD ENOUGH" why would he want to waste his time with you? I am not in your situation and only you can decide what you are willing to accept. This is a terrible example to show your children about marriage, commentment, love. If you feel strong enough I think it is time to stand up to this man. Let him know this is unacceptable and what kind of husband is he. You can either work "together" to fix the problems which each one of us have or he can face reality. He doesn't have the power over you. What is in it for you? Sounds like nothing. He needs a reality check here. Let him know the actual facts. Paying child support losing his family home losing his intimate privileges. This list goes on and on. I'm really sorry this is where your marriage has gone to. We are all on this site for a reason. Just know we are here to listen.

Thank you Kathleen and Chris. This adventure (ha ha) has been going on for a year now. My STBX hacked into my email and found that I had been having an affair. The affair was over in Oct. of 2009. He didn't find out til May of 2010. It has been a year , and I can say I am exhausted mentally, pyhsically, emotionally, and spiritually. We tried to work it out til Feb of this year when another woman entered the pic for him. He quit talking to her as far as I know, but he didn't want the divorce til she came into the pic. It was like he was keeping me around til something better came along. Funny thing happened today though... I got home from work this morning and found a vase of flowers, 2 cards, 2 necklaces, and a pair of earrings. Any other time I would have been so very happy... but when I saw those things I felt nothing. Now don't get me wrong, its not that I'm ungrateful...(at least he took the kids out and made some effort). I just felt nothing. My kids had picked out the necklaces and I was tickled pink by that. But felt nothing for the flowers and card he got me. Is this normal?

Yeah, I think its normal. When its over...its over.

My ex wanted me to date him for 6 months at the end of which he would break up with me so we could be 'even'. He was convinced that I would fall back in love with him and so he could hurt me. The list of craziness continues, but its all part of wanting to still be in control of things I think. Good luck.