Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Custody Battle...Part 2

The guardian came back yesterday..this time to observe me and my son together. It went well and I feel confident that she will recommend that he be placed with me, but I still wont be able to relax until its all said and done. Anything can still happen in my opinion.

She also wanted to talk to my brother again since ex was talking a bunch of crap about him. My brother got into alot of trouble for something he did when he was 19, and ex used that against him. He is now 36 BTW. Ex also said that my 16yo niece isnt suitable to be around my son (she had alot of emotinal issues due to her parents divorce but is fine now). The last issue was ex accusing my brother of soing something illegal having to do with his business. My brother cleared that up and she saw that ex was full of crap.

All in all I think it was a successful visit. When she was questioning my brother, she said "you know he is just throwing stuff out there". I took that as her being on to ex and his storytelling. Hopefully his lies and ridiculous allegations have put a few more nails in the coffin of his credibility.

Our court date is going to be moved to sometime in June because she cant get everything finished for the 16th. Nothing to do now but sit back and wait some more.

Re: Custody Battle...Part 2

Chris,

I think waiting is the hard part, but in the end, it could be so worth it. I am glad that my children are raised and that I don't have to deal with some of the issues I read about custody, visitation, coming home in the middle of the night ect. and it sounds like your stbx is making it as difficult as possible. My thoughts and prayers are with you that everything comes out okay.

Re: Custody Battle...Part 2

I'm glad it went well. Keep us posted.