Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: my answer

Thanks May. I am sorry your church treated you that way. I know how some so called Christians can be so judgemental when we are told not to be. I just started this church in January, after he left me. I have found such love and acceptance here. Hugs and how are you holding up every Sunday. I went to a womens retreat and when one woman asked my husbands name, I lost it. Told the story and never have I been treated with such compassion and love.

This church is a blessing to me. I was lucky to have found these friends to lead me here after losing touch for many years. We had left a previous church because of the behavior of many of the members. I have not attended church for many years because of the kind of treatment you had. I hope you can find a true group of Christians who will comfort you and accept you as I have found.

Re: my answer

I got a divorce after 31 years of emotional and physical abuse. Unfortunately, the church damaged me further...www.churchabusepoetrytherapy.com

My name was put up on a big screen, followed by the words, "Conduct Unbecoming a child of God." I was called to a meeting of deacons (16 men), not allowed to have a woman with me, and asked:"Are you still having sex with your ex.?!

The x abuser...was never called to a meeting......they voted me out because I allowed him to live in my house for awhile after the divorce....Initially, it was that they wuld "take it before the church" if I didn't agree to reconcile. What did they they I had been trying to do for 31 years!!?? Spiritual abuse: A wound which can never heal.