Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gal and report

Maybe you should write a long letter and see if you can give it to the courts with the GAL. I have not had to deal with these type of issues so I don't know if it is possible or not. But maybe its a way you can get your voice heard.

Teresa

I dont want to pry, but what are you being so "cruel" about? I'm not looking for you to answer that because its personal. Is the "cruelty" towards him or the kids? How old are the kids? Are they getting a say..getting a chance to talk to the Gal? My son is only 4 but ours wanted to talk to him. He actually said something to throw his dad under the bus.

Do you know what the specific concerns about you are? You should know that and have a chance to rubutt what he and his family are saying. If you dont I would consider asking for a meeting with to discuss it and have a chance to clear up stuff. Or have you done that already too?

He has indicated that I am a cruel person and have been cruel for years even before we were married, among many other things. Why did he marry me if he thought this? Him and his family did not only attack me they attacked my adult child and what a bad person they were and is. My adult child that has only known this man to be their father.

I am, my adult child is far from anything that they have said about us.

I have seen this already happen in this family, a divorce and how strong they stand together. Reversed though how horrible it was for his sisters husband to do exactly what he is doing to me now. But according to them I am the problem not him.

The children are old enough to speak out, the GAL did talk to them. If they were questioned about any of the distorted statements made about me or their sibling they could tell the GAL the truth. I do not think they were asked about any of that.

And I just heard another one of my references say the GAL did not write what they said.

To think that they are there for the children, I do not feel as if this is the case. I feel the GAL is there for him.

A trial with a list of people that could be called to the testify and they would be questioned than. This is what I am beig told.

In most states, and I would hope in your state, if you feel that your GAL has an unfair bias toward one side or the other, you can petition the court to dismiss them, and ask that a new guardian be appointed.

You should not have to tolerate being lied about by a representative of the court! That is unethical, unprofessional, and I do believe illegal. If she's chosen "his" side, well, he's in for a rude awakening when she's replaced. I recommend you take this to the court ASAP, and good luck to you!