Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Worried about ex's stability

When Jerk would call or talk to me face-to-face, anytime no one else could hear, he would threaten me. Not physically, but I'll do this...I'll do that. I sent him a letter and cc'd it to my attorney requesting that all communication regarding the divorce be sent via e-mail or through the attorneys. We went back and forth by e-mail regarding summer visitation. I requested that if he is working or not around I can have the kids. At first he refused to answer this question, stating it is none of my business. I kept posing it. I simply did not respond to questions he had asked before and I had responded to. He became frustrated trying to communicate this way and called one night. His tone changed completely and for the last several weeks we have been able to work a lot of things out regarding the kids and the divorce settlement. He was smart enough not to threaten me by e-mail. At one point he slipped up during a phone conversation. I said, "This is why I refuse to talk to you. I refuse to sit here and be threatened by you. If you want to discuss this further, talk to your attorney." He apologized (I wonder when the last time is he's apologized for anything) and his whole tone changed.

Good luck. It really sucks! Let us know how it turns out.