Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: sad lost & confused

I am recently seperated, he ran away from home after the responsibilities and life became inconvenient and too real. I told someone that I felt like I had stockholm's syndrome.
I couldn't understand what the abuse was though? How had I been a victim? I did a bit of research and realized that my husband controlled things by having a catostrophic reaction anytime he didn't get his way. He played the victim and still managed to be in control. They also talked about "cognitive dissonance". I recommend a little Bing research on it. You might be surprised.
I'm still struggling with the loss of my husband, yet I don't want him to come home. I remember the first morning I woke, before I knew it was forever and how free I felt. The air was clear in my house.

The bottom line though is that it doesn't much matter how relieved the divorced or soon to be divorced are. It's a painful process and doesn't always end up the way we expected. I encourage you to... pause. Do a little reading, find yourself in this-Where you are, where you want to be. Your choices and decisions will come a lot easier then.

If only friends could make our mates act right!!!!