Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ashamed

I was embarrassed at first too. Still have my days. But from what I have learned by this, people arent scorning me, they are scorning him. For most of us, it isnt what WE did but what HE did. I think mine is having his mid-life crisis but he has caused so much damamge. Anyway, most the people I have talked to are ashamed of HIM. Disappointed that he couldnt handle life and just dumped his family, dropped his responsibility. Knowing this has helped. And I know its true. I have sacrificed everything for my family, he never has. I would never drop my obligations no matter how bad I have wanted to or still do, I will not stoop that low. He had no problem. So who do you think is the better person? We are.

Yes, my biggest shame(in my ex )is that he was such a coward in so many ways.

Susan

Susan, as usual, you put into words so beautifully what we all feel. Of course we feel shame. We tried so hard and were willing to do the work to save it, but like you said, they were off having fun destroying lives. So well said. And I also need to leave my shame at the cross. It is his shame, but he is too far into denial to see it.