Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
magestrate vs. judge??

I have posted on here before and everyone is always so helpful. Just curious if anyone knows if you HAVE to have your motion presented in front of the General Magestrate or if I can file a motion to have it heard before an actual Judge? It says on this paper that both parties have to consent. I am in the middle of a nightmare with the soon-to-be-ex. Emergency temporary child support and alimony were ordered in Dec. I have not recieved one penny. His license was suspended in March. He filed motions to have c.s. and alimony lowered, to have his license reinstated, and wants the transportation for visitation to be shared. I am praying every night that the Judge does what is fair. Any personal experiences?? I would find it odd that the judge would lower it or just say okay..no problem...he has made no effort what so ever...Child Support Enforcement...what a joke!! No wonder there are sooo many deadbeat dads out there!!

Re: magestrate vs. judge??

I can't offer you any legal advice...I don't know. But I do feel for you. How these men...I mean snakes...can sleep at night when they leave their own children without is beyond me. What does your attorney say? At some point they outta be throwing him in jail. Any way to get his wages garnished? Hang in there.