Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
50/50 custody not fair

My soon to be ex had an affair, wasn't working, has not provided child support for the past year, but now that he moved in with his girlfriend, he wants joint physical custody so that #1 he doesn't have to pay child support and #2 I might have to pay him because I actually have an average job . He now has her to help support him too. He is a jerk, irresponsible and the kids were never his priority, but now because he wants them half time I'm worried he will get them. I don not think it is best to make kids go back and forth 50/50. I want them to stay with me as their primary home and have ample, flexible time to see him. It is so not fair that he walked out on me, I'm going to lose the house too and he could not care less as he has someone else to take care of himj, a home to live in and now he wants the kids.

Re: 50/50 custody not fair

I guess the one good thing about what happened with my husband and kids is that he is not allowed to see them so I dont have the custody issue to deal with. My kids really miss their dad even though they have pain over what he did, he has no job because he is a registered sex offender so it leaves me with absolutly no child support but I guess I would rather it be that way then have to fight for my kids. My sympathies are with those of you that have to fight this battle. God Bless

Re: 50/50 custody not fair

Have you documented everything? I think that is all of our biggest worry...our kids. My attorney led me to believe that since I have had primary custody since he left, and he did leave me, then it would be harder for him to get custody now if he asked for it. I have documented all of his visits, how long they were for, when he came late, when he changed the plans, when the kids called me 10 times in a day while they were with him, etc. Let us know how it is going. (((Hugs)))