Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Self care

I pray. God is doing amazing healing for me. I could not survive this without Him. I read. Right now mostly books aimed at helping me to heal and move forward. The one I am reading now is Woman's Wounded Heart. It is the best one yet. Gives ideas on where we get stuck in healing and how to get through it. I talk to and spend time with my girls. Shopping for maternity clothes with my eldest daughter this weekend was a joy. I paint. I took oil painting classes several years ago, and just started painting again. Knitting. . .baby blanket, of course! I spend quiet time to let my soul connect with God to provide healing. I listen to music and sing. I browse at condos for sale online and dream of having my own little place when this house sells. I enjoy the freedom I now have to do what I want when I want. To watch what I want on tv or not have it on at all. I take long baths and read or reflect on how far I have come. I have a long way to go, but in less than 5 months I am so much better than I thought I would ever be.